Highly trained specialists provide compassionate care to the youngest and tiniest patients, with advanced technology designed specifically for premature infants and critically ill newborns. If your newborn child is admitted to a Belief Hospitals III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), you’ll have the highest possible level of care.
Neonatal Department of Belief Hospital specializes in treating babies with a wide range of congenital and acquired conditions through state of the art technology and care.
Neonatal care is given by our highly skilled and experienced Neonatologists round the clock paediatricians and trained nurses in the speciality with one to one care. We treat around 300 cases of extremely premature infants and normal infants with various medical and surgical illnesses yearly.
Smallest baby successfully treated by our team weighed 760 grams and the survival of babies with 1000 grams to 1500 grams is also very good in a number.
· Care is given to all the needy newborns like
- Neonates delivered to high risk and precious pregnancies
- Preterm babies less than 34 weeks or who weigh less than 1800 gms
- Neonates – LGA/SGA with an acute illness like Hypoglycemia, Hypocalcemia, Polycythemia, Apnea, Seizures, Feeding Difficulties, Hypothermia
- Neonates with a history of birth asphyxia, low Apgar, Scores, Prolonged resuscitation etc
- Neonates with significant Jaundice for evaluation and Phototherapy treatment
- Breastfeeding counselling to all mothers
- Neonates with congenital heart diseases
- Neonates with major congenital malformations
- Neonates with suspected inborn errors of metabolism
- Any sick neonate requiring intensive monitoring and therapy
- Neonates with any surgical problem
- Evaluation of suspected Genetical diseases
· Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is equipped with the following to cater to sick neonates
- Ten open care systems
- Multiparameter monitoring systems
- Infusion pumps
- Neonatal Ventilators
- Intensive phototherapy
- Portable EEG, Echo and X-ray
- Portable bedside sonography (NSG)
- Bedside 2D Echo
- ROP Screening
- BERA and Audiometric services
- Facilities provided include –
- Neonatal Ventilation
- Exchange Blood Transfusion
- Surfactant Therapy and Management
- Lumbar Puncture
- Umbilical Arterial and Venous Catheters
- PICC lines
· The neonatal surgical wing of our department deals with all neonatal surgical conditions.
· Some of the major procedures performed include:
- Anorectal and Urogenital malformation
- EA with TOF
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Sublingual duplication cysts
- Exomphalos major
- Supportive Departments:
- Experienced Radiology team with Inhouse MRI/CT etc.
- In house round the clock specialist doctors like cardiologists, neurologist, nephrologist, urologist etc.
- Genetics Department with all the modern facilities including FISH and Molecular studies